Our History

Our History1932 RT McBride went into the plumbing and sheet metal business working out of Bob’s mother’s garage at 40 Trinity Street Stratford, On.

1946 RT McBride Limited moves to 168 Ontario Street Stratford and set up a store, shop and offices with 7 full time employees

1947 Keith A. Culliton joins RT McBride Limited as a Bookkeeper

1951 George F. Culliton joins the company as a Plumbing Apprentice

1960 David F. Teahen joins the company as a Bookkeeper

history4bmpjpg

1964 George and Keith Culliton buy RT McBride Limited

1968 Electrical department and electrical motor repair and rewind shop are established

1969 RT McBride Limited moves to a new Facility at 473 Douro St., the present location of Culliton

1975 George and Keith Culliton change the name of RT McBride Limited to Culliton Brothers Limited Culliton Brothers Limited begins their sponsorship of the Stratford Jr. B Hockey team, renamed the Stratford Cullitons, a sponsorship that continues until 2016

1978 David F. Teahen becomes a 33% shareholder in Culliton Brothers Limitedimg8092jpg

1991 Tim Culliton, Keith’s son, joins Culliton Brothers Limited as the Sales and Marketing Coordinator

1988 Steve Culliton, George’s son, joins Culliton Brothers Limited in Sales and Estimating

1981 HVAC division established

1997 Death of George F. Culliton

1998 Tim Culliton appointed General Manager of Culliton Brothers Limited

Steve Culliton appointed Sales Manager of Culliton Brothers Limited

2001 Culliton Brothers Limited awarded a $15,000,000 Mechanical & Electrical contract at Grand River Hospital

2003 Tim Culliton purchases 100% of Culliton Brothers Limited shares and becomes President & CEO

2007 Culliton Brothers Limited is chosen by EllisDon to provide the Mechanical installation for the Bluewater Health Project for a contract value of $55,000,000 - the largest project to date for Culliton

2010 Culliton Brothers Limited is chosen by Skanska, to complete the RBC Data Centre, a combined Mechanical and Electrical project with a contract value of $32,000,000 delivered in 10 months - this is the fastest paced project in Culliton history.

2012 Corporate name changes from Culliton Brothers Limited to Culliton to reflect the current corporate structure and rebranding

2013 Culliton completes interior and exterior renovations to bring the Culliton building into 2013. Culliton is awarded The Niagara Outlet Collection, Wilfrid Laurier University - Global Innovation Exchange and the Western University Music Building Renovations projects - these are all major mechanical and/or electrical projects

2014 Culliton named Southwire Canada’s 2013 SIMpull Solutions Contractor of the Year for Ontario and Eastern Canada

2015 Culliton chosen as the mechanical partner for the City Centre - TD Optimization project in London Ontario using the IPD Delivery method. The Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) is a project delivery approach that integrates people, systems, business structures and practices into a process that collaboratively harnesses the talents and insights of all participants to reduce waste and optimize efficiency through all phases of design, fabrication and construction. This is the first of its kind in Southwestern Ontario.

2016 Culliton begins work on the Darlington Nuclear D20 project